monsters of life.

It's funny.....when I die, none of this will matter. None of these petty cares of the world will follow me because they all end with death. So why should they threaten our wellbeing while here on earth? So many pressures try to destroy us - doing well in school, being popular, having the right friends, being successful, being wealthy, having the right job, being beautiful, being handsome, having the right things, saying the right things, doing the right things....and to what extent? They all count as loss in the end. I am tormented by these small things daily, and though they sound little, they are giants to battle. I wish none of them had a hold on me; I wish I didn't have to struggle. But I suppose that's what we all think. It's no ones choice to struggle with these monsters in life, but it's not for us to decide. We must decide how we confront them. Do we allow them to gobble us up and consume us to the point of death and destruction? Or do we not grow weary and faint of heart, and affirm ourselves that there is an end to all things, even these battles on earth, and that when are done, there will be a prize more precious than anything our minds could ever conjure. Don't give in. Never give in, otherwise you will be forever lost amongst a sea of battling monsters. 

"Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary." 

Galatians 6:9

Comments

Popular Posts