Sunshine.

So I haven't written in here for forever being busy with summer. But what the hey, I'm writing now.

Speaking off the top of my head( since I haven't written in my journal in awhile) I wanted to share a quote with you that I found the other day.

~~~~~~~

"Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it."

~~~~~


This has really spoken to me, because I agree with it wholeheartedly. I'll tell you now that I can be a very emotional person, and I can be very moody and depressed, but I'm not naturally like that. Honestly, anyone can have a bad day and be dramatic, but it all depends on how you look at a situation. I try not to pride myself on being optomistic, because I am only able to have that outlook on life from Christ. Were it not for Him, I'd be a wreck and the most deplorable being alive. But I truly love looking about things in the brightest of lights. Too many people are hopeless, and I don't want to be another. I think it makes me feel like an added weight to an unworthy cause.

I know that in my life, the thing that perks me up the most when I'm down, is laughter. Nothing is so refreshing as a jolly jest and lively burst of laughter. Hence the quote. I hope that whereever you are in your day, whether you've found your sunshine, are still searching, or don't even believe in sunshine, I pray that you'll find a small peice of light to see you through to the end.

At the end of the day when I'm lonely and think about everything that went wrong or everything I want and don't have.....I stop.

I stop and think.

I'm alive. I'm healthy. I don't starve as I lay in bed. I have a bed. I have a house that holds that bed. I have a family that lives inside that house with me. I'm not an orphan. I'm loved, and even though I might not be shown that at every second of the day, I still know, deep down, that I'm cared for and appreciated.

It's the little things in life that make us who we are. Enjoy them, because one day you might look back and realize that they were the big things.

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, I'm thinking of you and praying for you. Be encouraged and don't be afraid to find your sunshine, even if it's hidden in the darkest of places.

Comments

Popular Posts