Rain


Rain is one of the most beautiful things that I have witnessed on earth. Of course, things like the Grand Canyon, or the Black Hills, a snowy night, or a beautiful sunset are all lovely features of this world, but there is nothing like rain. Rain transforms everything it touches into something alluring. It is clear and plain but holds the reflection of everything around it. Rain holds the splendor of its surroundings. Rain makes the most enchanting sound when dropping on a leaf, or tinkling on a roof, or pounding on the mud - every sound is different, almost like a symphony. And when a rainstorm has passed, everything is lush, with cool green grass growing more thickly and more vibrantly. Rain creates a new day because it washes everything that had previously been there, away. Isn't that marvelous.

I know that everything has good effects and bad effects (even a lovely thing like rain) and I know that a lot of people have been annoyed with all the rain and the problems that it's been causing within the past few days. But I can't help but enjoy it. I get to sit inside, drink tea to my hearts content, and look through the window at my world being glazed over with fog and mist. It's pretty fantastic. Thank you God for this present - it made me swell with joy.

Comments

Popular Posts