controlled.

I think we convince ourselves that we need certain things, because certain things become so imbedded into our lives that we come to depend on them and what they do for us or how they make us feel. We let them control us and handicap us. 
We don't need them. We've just lived so long with them that we can't imagine life not having them. It doesn't mean you need to keep them and let them control your life. Let them go if they aren't good. Perhaps it is an object, perhaps it is a person, or perhaps it is an ideal or a word that you live by or an action. Whatever it may be, don't let it control your life. 
Because I've let certain things control my life... because I thought I needed them. I grew to depend on them, but they blinded me. If the only thing I have when I leave this earth is an infallible love and romance with Christ, then I will have all I ever needed and so much more. Yes, I forget oh too easily.

I am Israel. I am Hosea's wife. I am a scoundrel at best. I am a liar and a cheat. I am a pharisee. I am a Judas. And yet Christ, perfect in all likeness and being, chooses to be all those things in my stead. He is so worth putting away those things for His sake.  

Return, faithless Israel,’ declares the Lord;
I will not look upon you in anger.
For I am gracious,’ declares the Lord;
‘I will not be angry forever.
 ‘Only acknowledge your iniquity,
That you have transgressed against the Lord your God
And have scattered your favors to the strangers under every green tree,
And you have not obeyed My voice,’ declares the Lord.
 ‘Return, O faithless sons,’ declares the Lord;
‘For I am a master to you,
And I will take you one from a city and two from a family,
And I will bring you to Zion.’


Jeremiah 3:12-14

Comments

Popular Posts