birthdays & wishes.

Today was my birthday. And I must say that I am so filled with joy and love from the warmth of others that I wish I could somehow pass on this uncontainable feeling so that others could have even an ounce of what unspeakable joy resides in me at this moment. I had a wish as I blew out my candle, and with keeping tradition, I shan't tell you. But I will say that I wish, on this day, that each of you feels loved and appreciated. Something that I love about birthdays is that it's a day to celebrate the life of someone and show them that they are loved. At the same time, though, I think, "Why should it just be one day? Why don't we give that much love and encouragement to the people we love everyday?" Well, everyday would be overkill and would take the sincerity out of that love perhaps; but I think even once a week, once a month, every few months... let someone know how loved they are, whether it's their birthday or not. So many times I see someone in the store who I think is beautiful, or has a cute outfit, or is nice, or any random thing that I admire. My fault is that I don't commend them for their good efforts. I just watch and keep my comments to myself. I remember one time this summer however when I was in the store, I saw this girl who was just beautiful - hardly any makeup and just naturally beautiful. I wasn't going to say anything, but then something compelled me to tell her what I thought. So, in a rather awkward way, as we were both looking at hair products I said, "I know this may sound weird, but don't take it oddly.. you are absolutely beautiful. I just thought you should know that." Yeah, I felt like I was making a fool of myself. To my great surprise however, tears filled her eyes, she touched by shoulder and slowly spoke, "Thank you so much. You have no idea what that means to me.  I haven't felt attractive in so long and no one has complimented me on anything in so long. You really just made my day." And that was all it took. I felt like giving her a hug and consoling her, but being on the shampoo aisle was a little weird... so we chatted a few minutes before I left. 

But that made me think, there is beauty in everyone and I think that when you see it, you shouldn't be afraid to tell someone what you think, because you have no idea how it could impact their lives. 

So for everyone who sent me birthday wishes, I am deeply touched and filled with utter bliss at much affection people have given me. It is sheer joy and a blessing to my soul. And it really did make my day. 

Each and every one of you is beautiful and so lovely, and I wish that you could see the beauty that I see   in you. 
So happy day to you. 
I wish you the BEST! 


"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count... it's the life in your years." 
Abraham Lincoln 


Comments

Popular Posts