Gone.....

I've never wanted to write about death...but recently, I've felt I should. It's a painful subject, and therefore not embraced by many. Have you ever experienced the death of anyone? Not anyone special or close...just anyone? A fireman from a collapsing building in the newspaper article last week perhaps? A soldier finding in Iraq? A little girl who drowned in the pool near your house? An elderly women down the street of old age? Yes. Everyone has experienced death in one way or another. It's hard, even if you didn't know the person, to think that there is no more life in that body anymore. Their heart isn't beating anymore. Their heart isn't feeling anymore. Their just.....gone.


I know that life must end at some point, because life began at one point. I just don't like accepting that it has to end. It's inevitable; I can't control it....that's why I don't like it.

I am so incredibly blessed to say that I have never lost someone whom I was unconditionally close with. Both of my grandparents are still alive, and my family has been blessed to not suffer with accidents, nor sickness, nor deterioration. I know it's coming though...and the thought kills me. I am extremely close with my grandparents and I cannot imagine those lives not being apart of mine. I've known them since I was born....and it's like they're a peice of me. So why must they end?

"Benjamin, we're meant to lose people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?"
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Mrs. Maple


Even if you didn't know them, those people who were lost in the fire, those people who gave themselves for their country, those people who, it seems for no reason, were just taken away; those people whose time it was to leave...even if you didn't know them, they 'were', weren't they? They were important to us. They were important to us because they were in our lives. Even though they were just fragments they were fragments who were apart of us. Don't you hold heartache when you've heard that someone has died, regardless of the fact that you know them or not?

"Beth: If God wants me with Him, there is none who will stop Him. I don't mind. I was never like the rest of you...making plans about the great things I'd do. I never saw myself as anything much. Not a great writer like you.
Jo: Beth, I'm not a great writer.
Beth: ...But you will be. Oh, Jo...I've missed you so.... Why does everyone want to go away? I love being home... But I don't like being left behind. Now I am the one going ahead. I am not afraid. I can be brave like you."
Little Women
Beth & Jo

Death is such a bewildering idea sometimes, because we don't understand it. We don't understand it because we were created to live forever. We were created to live forever with Christ, and as soon as Sin entered our hearts, we lost our forever. But God holds a promise to take care of us, whether we are victims or culprits of the matter. He'll be there in our trials. He'll be there forever.

I can't advise on death...or really say much about it for that matter, since it doesn't hit me at home base as much as others. But I do know that it is painful for me to even think about the many people who die every day, and what their loved ones must be feeling. All I know is that God is there when you seek Him, and He'll answer when you call. And if He uses death to bring you or others to Himself, then that's His plan; and his plan is never Gone....

Comments

Popular Posts