We'll all grow up one day...

"Why can't things just stay as they are?"
Little Women
Jo March

Do you ever wonder why life has to change so much? Why you can't stay in one magical moment even for one second more? I have. Why does time have to pass so quickly? It really does go by in a blink, doesn't it? There are so many things I want to do, want to enjoy, want to be apart of, and they all slip away like thin silk between my fingers. I would love, with all my heart, for life to not change as frequently as it does. One small move and you find yourself tumbling down a hill in a snowball effect.

"I wanna remember us....just as we are now."
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Daisy

It takes great talent to truly rememeber moments that are worth remembering. Does that make sense? How do you define moments worth remembering? To me....everyday is worth remembering, because every day is different. No matter how many times the sun rises over a wheat field and sheds its light, weather it's a rainy day, a sunny day, a cloudy day or even a rainy day again......no two days look the same. Never have been, and never will be. Can you imagine how much fun God has on his easel, painting every day with a million and one different hues and tones. That's why I love photography so much....you could capture every day, if you wanted, and look back on it in it's beauty. You can rememeber the exact moment that the lense closed, whether the wind was blowing or not; whether the sun was blistering or not; and whether you felt good or bad. Isn't it funny looking back at old photos and seeing who you were at that stage in life? Even if it was only a year before....you've changed so much. Maybe not so much outside...but inside, you've bloomed into something new. Even though you will always be "you", it's hard to think that you've changed at all. We all grow up sooner or later. Sometimes it's so bittersweet though. Thinking about my life even 5 years from now...I am clueless. Five years ago, when I leaf through old photos, I'm amazed even then at how much I've changed. Magnificent, life...isn't it? Do you know what you want in life, though?


"For what it's worth: it's never too late, or in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit...stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not....then I hope you have the strength to start all over again. "

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Benjamin

"I can teach anybody how to get what they want out of life.... The problem is that I can't find anybody who can tell me what they want."
Mark Twain


I guess you're really the only person who knows what they want. There are struggles on deciding what 'exactly' you want...but deep down, the true answer should be ringing with loud distinction. God knows where His path will lead you, so don't fret about it, dear, He knows where you're going....even if you have no idea.


"We'll all grow up someday, Meg. We might as well know what we want."
Little Women
Amy

I have a basic idea of what I want...but who knows? Five years from now, I could be completely different. But that happens...change happens. Even though I would rather have things stay the same because familiarity makes me comfortable, I understand that change is neccesary for growth. Life is so much bigger than me... I don't know what God has in store for me... Only that it is known to Him, and that it is good in His eyes...even if it might not be accepted in mine. I do know now, though, that I want Him when I grow up. What do you want?

Comments

Popular Posts