don't forget to Hydrate.

I'd like to tell you that water is very healthy for you, and that in the seasons of drippy noses and hacking coughs, it is extremely important that you stay healthy. One very simple way of doing so, is by drinking at least 64 oz. of water every day. You may feel like you're going to the bathroom every few seconds, but eventually you'll get used to it. It's also better to take sips instead of gulping a whole glass in 5 seconds flat. Taking little sips helps to spread the water evenly and flush toxins trapped in the body, whereas speed drinking just goes in one end and out the other too quickly to do much "flushing of the body". Instead you get a lot of just flushing the toilet.

By the way, if you feel like I'm talking like a health instructor, I'm not trying to! I'm only 15, sheesh. I will say though, that I love researching health and being healthy, so I'm forever sharing little tips with people.

Another good way to stay healthy, before I leave, is eating as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible(common sense here)...I'm not talking about the frozen stuff here. All fresh stuff that looks like it's just been brought from the farm. Eat them raw rather than cooked and you'll get all the nutritive value. Last week I was reading a detox book because my stomach was feeling bloated, and found a recipe to try out. Try it out if ya want:

1 Apple ( Cored, cut in small pieces with skin)
1/2 Cucumber (Cut in small pieces with skin)
1/2 Carrot (Cut in very small pieces with skin)

Blend several pieces at a time until all is completely blended into juice.

The Process...

Set on Puree...

And voila! A delicious and nutritious drink!


Okay, so maybe it wasn't the most delicious, but it's packed with antioxidants and great for keeping your immunity levels up and fighting fit. I would caution you to make this at your own risk though. ;) I ended up adding another apple and some apple cider to give a more fruity flavor. Of course....I never finished it all and now I've a bad case of the sniffles...so you might want to make sure that you drink "bottoms up". If you like veggie juice, then this is perfect for your palette! Enjoy and stay healthy!

...
~~~~

Comments

Popular Posts