the last goodbye...


...

"How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand...there is no going back. There are some things that time can not mend, some hurts that go too deep, that have taken hold."

...

Hello world.

Well, as you've heard it, this is the last goodbye. Matt and Carly left this morning at Dulles airport...off into the busy world of Japan, the world of missionaries, the battle field of Heaven, away from the nest...and I will stop there before my rambling gets out of control. So yes, they have left for good- never to return for another 7 months. Last week I was watching the Lord of the Rings, Return of the King, and I heard the above quote at the end of the movie. When all the hobbits are back in their houses in the hills and drinking Ale's in half pints and talking about their pumpkins and farm life, everything seems perfect. Call me sensative, but it makes me want to cry knowing that it doesn't last long. Frodo only stays a year and then leaves for the Gray Havens. I cry every time I hear that quote at the end of the movie. Some of its because of the music, some of it's because of Elijah Woods whispery voice...eh, not really. Mostly it's because I know that it's the end. You've been with
the characters through the whole movie, you've shared emotions of sadness, joy, regret, anger, frustration, and now, it's all over. Their going away, and no matter how hard you try to reverse time, you'll never relive those precious moments.


So then, the final question is, how do you pick up the threads of an old life and how do you go on after you realize you can't go back? You're the only one who can truly answer that question.

I'm missing you already Matt and Carly, and my two sweet nephews. You all get a kiss and hug from me through the internet.

I must say though, that Dr. Seuss sums up my feelings in his quote:

...

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

...

By the way, the truth is that there are no endings, only many new beginings.



Comments

Popular Posts